keyb1ades asked: There are tag replacing plugins for xkit and the like - not sure how much of a stickler you are on accuracy in tags, but I figured I'd let you know.
I’ve actually tried the tag replacer function on xkit, but it’s not really a feasible option because it’s still tied to tumblr’s “search by tag” function which only loads posts in batches of 100 at a time… If you can even get it to load all 100 posts, that is. Every time I’ve tried to use it to fix my tags I get either tumblr or xkit stuck in an infinite loop of trying- but-failing-to-load-posts, so argh. I suspect that neither tumblr’s “search by tag” function nor xkit’s tag-replacer function was designed to handle such a large volume of posts - as in, like, THOUSANDS of posts tagged with Armin’s name.
And either way, as far as I’m concerned the primary function of the character tags on my blog is to let people search/ filter fanart by character, so as long as the character tags are always spelled the same way - regardless of whether they match the official name spellings - that’s all that really matters.